Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Red Velvet Cookies

Using the simple method for a cake mix cookie, I was able to make Red Velvet Cookies.





Take 1 store bought cake mix for Red Velvet Cake, mix in 2 eggs and 1/2 cup vegetable oil.

Scoop spoonfuls onto a lined baking tray and bake in a 180C oven for 8 to 10 minutes.

Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

Once cool dip or swirl melted chocolate on top, chill, and you're done.

Now as I live on my own, a whole batch of cookies gets wasted. So I usually bake 8 to 10 cookies and with the remaining cookie dough I roll it into a log, wrap in cling film and then aluminium foil and place it in the freezer.

When needing a little sweet snack, I can slice a few rounds of dough off the frozen log and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. 

With my first frozen batch I added a white chocolate melt to each as soon as they came out of the oven. It melted just enough to stay stuck to the top.


This method will work for just about any cake mix. I am yet to find one that doesn't work.

I may be linked up to these fab parties.

3 comments:

  1. I love this and from a cake mix? Wow. Thanks for sharing how. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look fantastic!! I'm co-hosting the Sweet & Savoury Sunday link party today and would LOVE to have you come by ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com and share! You're welcome to bring a couple other fave recipe to the party too if you'd like! Hope to see you there :) Have a great day, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up! I was thrilled to see you could join us! Have a fabulous week ahead :*)

    ReplyDelete