Sunday, April 28, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie.

A simple and easy dinner to put together would have to be Chicken Pot Pie.

I don't have exact measurements or ingredients, just what ever takes my fancy that night.

But a basic guide is......

2 Chopped chicken thighs
1.5 cups rice (I don't actually measure this, I just pour)
2 cups of finely chopped vegetables (what ever you like, and frozen is fine)
1 can of cream of chicken (or mushroom or corn) soup.
Herbs to taste.
1 sheet of puff pastry.

I fry off the chicken in a pan and add any fresh vegetables and dried herbs, and cook until tender. I add the can of soup and stir through. (fresh herbs can be added now if they don't need to be cooked off)

In a pot of water I put the rice and any frozen vegetables and boil until the rice is cooked, drain.

Then it's a matter of assembling.

I place the rice and veg in a square baking tray and pour on the chicken/veg/soup mix, mixing them together just slightly on the top.

I then either place an entire sheet of pastry on the top or cut it up and lattice the pastry.

Bake in a medium oven until the pastry is nice and brown and ta da!!! it's done!

I may be linked up at these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment